119 Roomates at TED
Chris has been in Norway: Rob hasn’t. There’s laureate banter, tiny forests, and the ‘Venus Zone’.
How to grow a tiny forest almost anywhere http://www.ted.com/talks/shubhendu_sharma_how_to_grow_a_tiny_forest_anywhere
What happens after you flush? https://www.youtube.com/embed/xyU34Fhi0FY
Episode #119. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
Audio content Copyright 2011-2014 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image of lightbulb courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).
SpaceX: Launching the Dragon Towards the Future of Humanity
Chris and Rob record whilst watching the live feed of SpaceX’s Dragon module as it docks with the International Space Station. We await the decision on the location of the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) - will it be South Africa or Australia? Dark matter, human spaceflight and the transit of Venus also feature. We also talk about the current Queen, a former queen and a member of Queen.
Episode #34. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- The dark matter debate: http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/michael-brooks/2012/05/does-dark-matter-exist
- See also : http://arxiv.org/abs/1205.4033
- Dragon approaches the ISS: http://www.spacex.com/
- SKA Decision deu: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18194984
- Transit of Venus: http://orbitingfrog.com/post/23547707244/transit-of-venus-2012
- The RAS’s address to Queen Victoria : http://www.flickr.com/photos/nationalarchives/7250108692/sizes/l/in/photostream/
- Measuring the Yarkovski effect : http://uanews.org/node/47370
- Lunar protection guidelines : http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2012/may/HQ_12-168_Lunar_Protection_Guidelines.html
- Why do bubbles in Guiness sink? http://arxiv.org/abs/1205.5233
- DAWN’s GRaND instrument - Gamma Ray and Neutron Detector http://dawn.jpl.nasa.gov/technology/GRaND_inter.asp
- AMIGA (Analysis of the interstellar Medium of Isolated GAlaxies) http://arxiv.org/abs/1108.2130
- Heaven’s Above: http://heavens-above.com and @twisst http://twitter.com/twisst
- Our updated website! http://recycledelec.com
- The Cumberland pencil museum is actually fabulous http://www.pencilmuseum.co.uk
Audio content Copyright 2012 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Special thanks to the Oxford University Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).