Balls of Spidery Fingers
Chris and Rob talk about Google Glass and the possible iWatch, 6- (or 19-) degrees of separation, and the various kinds of space rock. More importantly though: Bees can see electromagnetic fields!
Episode #69. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- Asteroid and the Meteorite: http://orbitingfrog.com/post/43156325860/at-about-09-20-this-morning-a-meteor-exploded-over
- 19 clicks of speration: http://laughingsquid.com/any-2-web-pages-are-no-more-than-19-clicks-apart-according-to-hungarian-physicist/
- Redshirt statistics : http://www.significancemagazine.org/details/webexclusive/4381371/Keep-your-redshirt-on-a-bayesian-exploration-of-character-deaths-in-Star-Trek.html
- NanoLight (12W > 100W): http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619878070/nanolight-the-worlds-most-energy-efficient-lightbu
- I-Love-Q : http://arxiv.org/abs/1302.4499
- From @bitfield (John Arundel) - Bees can see magnetic fields: http://boingboing.net/2013/02/20/google-glass-demo-video.html
- Google Glass is coming http://boingboing.net/2013/02/20/google-glass-demo-video.html
Audio content Copyright 2012 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).