Chris and Rob talk conspiracy theories, Lithium and the ageing not-twice of the Sun. It’s a bit of a paradox. We examine Croton’s Rules regarding Little h and discuss Titan’s icy shell.
Episode #86. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- 100 year starship (via Lesley Graham) http://100yss.org/initiatives/overview
- A really scary spacewalk: http://blogs.esa.int/luca-parmitano/2013/08/20/eva-23-exploring-the-frontier/
- Damn you little h: http://arxiv.org/abs/1308.4150
- On the Reading of Scientific papers : http://cen.watchglass.org/day/2013/08/16
- The IAU says http://www.iau.org/static/public/naming/planets_and_satellites.pdf you can help name things :
- Titan’s Ice Shell (via Blobrana) http://news.ucsc.edu/2013/08/titan-ice-shell.html
- Oldest Solar Twin discovered: http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso1337/
- An underwhelming fossil fish of the month: http://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/museums/2013/08/22/a-very-important-underwhelming-fossil-fish-of-the-month-august/
Audio content Copyright 2013 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).