Manifesto of Reality
Chris and Rob discuss impostor syndrome, particle physics and spy drones. We waved a Saturn and now we’re looking for the Perseids.
Episode #84. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- Impostor Syndrome as a feature not a bug: http://sarahaskew.net/2011/12/03/feeling-stupid-doesnt-have-to-hurt/
- Suggest things to us http://recycledelec.com/suggest
- The way forward for (American) particle physicists : http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/august-2013/physicists-chart-path-forward
- India ‘Chinese spy drones’: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-23455128
- Did you wave at Saturn: http://orbitingfrog.com/2013/07/21/cassinis-photo-of-the-earth-seen-from-saturn/
- A citizen science attempt at particle physics : http://home.web.cern.ch/about/updates/2013/08/join-dots-measure-antimatter
- Magellenic stream source discovered : http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2013/27/full/
- Unusual stars : http://www.ras.org.uk/news-and-press/224-news-2013/2322-under-leaden-skies
- Gone in 60 Seconds infographic: http://socialmediatoday.com/timgrimes/1619306/what-happens-online-60-seconds-infographic (HT Jules)
Audio content Copyright 2013 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).