A Carbohydrate Lull
Chris and Rob discuss surfing on Mars, ZooCon 2013 and the prospect of a new Longitude Prize. Is the Solar System broken? Are LEGO going to release a Mars Curiosity set? One of those is correct…
Episode #81. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- 52 Years for the Zooniverse: http://blog.zooniverse.org/2013/06/27/52-years-of-human-effort/
- Astronomy and Computing: http://orbitingfrog.com/2013/06/26/astronomy-and-computing-a-new-journal/
- Not So Supermoon: http://orbitingfrog.com/2013/06/24/thats-no-supermoon/
- DNA from three ‘parents’ http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2013/jun/28/uk-government-ivf-dna-three-people
- Asteroid Zoo? http://blog.zooniverse.org/2013/06/27/anyone-fancy-an-asteroid/
- a planet far from its parent star http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2013/20/
- Simulating mealtime on Maaars (from @bitfield) http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/06/in-space-no-one-can-hear-your-takeout-order.html
- Overview: short film about the emotional and spiritual experience of astronauts: http://vimeo.com/55073825
Audio content Copyright 2013 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).