The Same Sandwich
Chris and Rob talk about the Big Bang, copyright in space, and LEGO. We also get parts of the periodic table wrong. With studio guest Freya Pentz.
Episode #79. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- Noctilucent Clouds: http://www.strudel.org.uk/blog/astro/001027.shtml (see image)
- Professional/amateur images. Centaurus A Extreme deep field: http://www.rolfolsenastrophotography.com/Astrophotography/Centaurus-A-Extreme-Deep-Field/29643205_8ZwvgW#!i=2536914799&k=mNgSprP&lb=1&s=XL
- Turn the Moon into a telescope http://arxiv.org/pdf/1306.0350v2.pdf
- How does copyright work in space? http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/05/economist-explains-12/print
- New observations with the Keck telescope potentially resolve the Lithium abundance issue in the early Universe: http://www.keckobservatory.org/news/international_team_on_keck_observatory_strengthens_big_bang_theory
- Vote now for female LEGO professionals: http://amandabauer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/professional-female-lego-figures.html
- Sungrazing Comet Lovejoy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22803592
- Opportunity discovers locations where neutral water was present on Mars: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/across-the-universe/2013/jun/07/nasa-mars
- Curiosity got zapped with radiation http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2013EGUGA..15.5859Z http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode.cfm?id=curiosity-reveals-mars-astronaut-ra-13-05-31
- How does this work?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KM3NeT
- Custom/ purchace 3D printing: http://www.shapeways.com
- Every Noise At Once: music networking http://www.furia.com/misc/genremaps/engenremap.html
- Aurora Borealis timelapse from APOD: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap130609.html
Audio content Copyright 2013 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).