A Good Day for Baryons: A Planck Special
Chris and Rob talks about the Planck results that were announced today. There is controversy - or not - about whether Voyager has left the Solar System, and we have cool space facts for young children.
Episode #72. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- Planck Background : http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/across-the-universe/2013/mar/21/planck-unveils-earliest-map-of-universe?CMP=twt_fd
- ESA press for Planck: http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Planck/Planck_reveals_an_almost_perfect_Universe
- Planck Papers:
- Has Voyager 1 left the Solar System?
- Yes : http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/grl.50383/abstract
- No : http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?release=2013-107
- Most obscene paper title in peer-reviewed journal :
- Use Wolfram alpha for technical measurements : http://younglandis.wordpress.com/2013/03/11/how-to-describe-obscure-technical-measurements/
- Cool space facts for young children: http://orbitingfrog.com/post/45418127352/cool-space-facts-for-young-children
Audio content Copyright 2012 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).