Carpark in Leicester
Chris, Rob and Rob the Alien talk about the longest running experiments in the world, the speed of light, citizen science ands Pluto’s many moon. We do all this from a room one-billionth the size of Wales.
Episode #68. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- 3Rs of Citizen Science in the classroomn: http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/blog/3rs-citizen-science-classroom
- The speed of light is approximately 1 foot per nanosecond and a nanoWales in an area 4.5m by 4.5m (roughly)
- The electric bell : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_Electric_Bell
- A Valentine rose : http://www.noao.edu/news/2013/pr1301.php
- Name Pluto’s moons : http://www.plutorocks.com
- Mars bedrock sample collected : http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?release=2013-052
- No aliens yet : http://arxiv.org/abs/1302.0845
- S&T Jupiter’s moons : http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/planets/3307071.html
Audio content Copyright 2012 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).