Your Dung Ball Is Huge
Chris and Rob feel like dung beetles as they roll around in the weeks’ news. Wait no, that’s not right. We discuss dropping steak from space, Betelgeuse, exoplanets and moar!
Episode #65. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- Dung Beetles and the Milky Way: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21150721
- Spiders at Mars’ North Pole : http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?release=2013-034
- More planets for HAT-P-7 : http://subarutelescope.org/Pressrelease/2013/01/24/index.html
- Ten hundred words of science: http://www.strudel.org.uk/blog/astro/001022.shtml
- Siding Spring fires: astropixie - http://orbitingfrog.com/post/40594495841/bush-fires-at-siding-spring-observatories-by
- Steak drop: http://what-if.xkcd.com/28/
- Herschel observes Betelgeuse : http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Betelgeuse_braces_for_a_collision
- Is asteroid mining the new black : http://deepspaceindustries.com/ (‘If you can Dream it, you can Be it’)
- Is that a manatee in space? https://www.nrao.edu/pr/2013/w50/
- What If? http://what-if.xkcd.com/
Audio content Copyright 2012 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).