Comets are Like Cats
Chris and Rob find themselves stranded in the year 2013 with nothing but a scrap of paper containing scribbled news notes and a microphone. Will asteroids strike in 2040? Will comets shine bright in 2013? What exactly is inside a poop? How for how many years has WMAP operated? Answers inside…
Episode #62. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- Tau Ceti: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20770103
- Darkened cities by Thierry Cohen: http://orbitingfrog.com/post/38615406507/staceythinx-darkened-cities-by-thierry-cohen
- No asteroid impact in 2040 : http://www.gemini.edu/node/11922
- What’s inside a poop? http://www.plosntds.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pntd.0001969
- Final WMAP papers released : http://releases.jhu.edu/2012/12/21/wmap-team-releases-final-results-based-on-nine-years-of-observations/
- Source of CM asteroids : http://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/news/releases/2012/12-93AR.html
- Clouds on MWP launches: http://www.milkywayproject.org
- Comet PANSTARRS : March/April, southern sky: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C/2011_L4
- The Explorer: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Explorer-James-Smythe/dp/0007456751
Audio content Copyright 2012 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).