Chris and Rob are continents apart and discussing the aurora, the Nobel prize(s) and whether or no we live in a huge computer simulation. Chris has a new book out - Rob has been reading about the Parkes Telescope. This is the first podcast in ages that we don’t mention Marrrs.
Episode #53. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- Aurora over the UK: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-19881645
- 15 Years in 15 Minutes: Parkes: http://arxiv.org/abs/1210.2138
- Constraints on the Universe as a numerical simulation: http://arxiv.org/abs/1210.1847
- Nobel Prize : http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/2012/popular-physicsprize2012.pdf
- Cosmic tourist : http://brianmay.com/brian/briannews/briannewsoct12a.html#17
Audio content Copyright 2012 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).