Chris and Rob are both back in Oxford, while the Opportunity rover is moving again on Mars. We discuss everything from star formation to Kendal Mint Cake. We talk about the delivery of MIRI and the transfer of GALEX. Global subway systems appear to be converging, and replication studies in psychology are rife.
Episode #33. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- Bad infographics and the Planetary Habitability Index: http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-04/new-planetary-habitability-index
- Global subway systems are converging on a standard form: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/05/subway-convergence/
- Herschel’s Cygnus-X image: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120517.html
- Replication studies: psychology is feeling the heat? http://www.nature.com/news/replication-studies-bad-copy-1.10634
- Opportunity’s moving again: https://roadtoendeavour.wordpress.com/ and http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/newsroom/pressreleases/20120509a.html
- GALEX: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2012-137
- Delivery of MIRI: http://www.esa.int/export/esaSC/SEMIU8TWT1H_index_0.html
- The Starlight Finder: http://starlightfinder.com/index.php/finder-starlight
- Eye Wire: http://eyewire.org
Audio content Copyright 2012 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Special thanks to the Oxford University Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).