Marmalade Stocks are Running Low
Space Cows and the remarkable Kangaroo Vagina! Chris is watching seaplanes land in Seattle, while Rob stays at home in rainy Oxford. ESA has selected its next large mission. We wonder if we’re going asteroid mining. More acronyms receive judgement and as does a contender for ‘Worst Ever Scientific Paper’.
Episode #30. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
- ESA selects JUICE: http://scienceblogs.com/catdynamics/upload/2012/04/esa_makes_a_choice/ESA-SPC.pdf
- Gorgeous view of 30 Dor : http://www.spacetelescope.org/news/heic1206/
- Are we going asteroid mining: http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/mimssbits/27776/?ref=rss
- Is there a lack of dark matter int he solar neighbourhood : http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso1217/
- Do GRBs cause cosmic rays? : http://blogs.nature.com/news/2012/04/icecube-chills-cosmic-ray-theories.html
- ChAInGeS: The Chandra Arp Interacting Galaxies Survey : http://arxiv.org/abs/1204.3194
- S^4G : http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~ksheth/S4G/ (From Jen Gupta)
- Spitzer Survey of Stellar Structure in Galaxies
- Kangaroos have three vaginas: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2012/04/17/kangaroos-have-three-vaginas/ (HT to @davesteele)
- The world’s worst paper : https://retractionwatch.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/math-paper-retracted-because-it-contains-no-scientific-content/
- Diving to avoid Venus: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/16/us-aircanada-incident-idUSBRE83F10120120416
- ARAA : Fabian on AGN :http://arxiv.org/abs/1204.4114
- Kennicutt & Evans on SF : http://arxiv.org/abs/1204.3552
Audio content Copyright 2012 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Special thanks to the Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).