Poem in a Van
Rob is off to Norway and Chris has a planet to bash: both reminisce about secondary school geography. We wonder if the Moon and Mars are dead worlds after all. We discuss sport - no really - and why your emotional attachment to Football is better for you than not. Also: dirty space news!
Episode #22. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelectrons.tumblr.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec.
- Press release on planet: http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press-releases/GJ667C/
- …and the paper : http://arxiv.org/abs/1202.0446
- The Moon is alive : http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/lunar-graben.html
- And so is Mars : http://www.agu.org/news/press/pr_archives/2012/2012-09.shtml
- Light echoes around Eta Carinae : http://www.ia.ucsb.edu/pa/display.aspx?pkey=2648
- Lucky astronomy: http://arxiv.org/abs/1202.4586
- First results from SOFIA/FORCAST: http://arxiv.org/abs/1202.4479 (Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy/faint object infrared camera for the SOFIA telescope)
- Non-astronomy : Football fans’ emotions : http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S146902921100152X
- Acronyms : H/WTSOSS -pronounced Hot Sauce- Hubble Wide Field Camera 3 Test of Surfaces in the Outer Solar System
- Ask for evidence : http://www.senseaboutscience.org/pages/a4e.html
- XKCD Dirty Space News: http://xkcd.com/1020/
Audio content Copyright 2011 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Special thanks to the Oxford University Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).