Rob and Chris talk about Uranus, moons, and nuclear fusion. May be there’s dark matter, maybe there’s not - and what angle should canned whipped cream be sprayed at?
- Ice on Mercury : http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/news_room/details.php?id=266
- Bruno Merin’s lovely multi-wavelength gallery http://brunomerin.com/slider/menu.html
- Optimal angle for spraying whipped cream: http://laughingsquid.com/a-father-and-his-two-kids-conduct-an-experiment-to-find-the-optimal-angle-for-spraying-whipped-cream/
- Lockheed announce fusion ‘breakthrough’ http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/oct/15/lockheed-breakthrough-nuclear-fusion-energy and http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/16/experts_skeptical_over_lockheed_martins_claims_to_have_cracked_fusion/
- UK Space Weather centre opening in Exeter: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-10/09/uk-space-weather-forecasting-centre
- Mimas : http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=4342
- Have we found dark matter? : http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/press/press-releases/2014/october/inexplicable-signal-from-the-unseen-universe-provides-tantalising-clue-about-one-of-astronomys-greatest-secrets-2013-dark-matter
- Hubble finds KBOs : http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/october/nasa-s-hubble-telescope-finds-potential-kuiper-belt-targets-for-new-horizons/
Episode #123. If you have anything you’d like us to look at, or any questions you’d like us to answer - use the links at the top of the web page at http://recycledelec.com. Follow us on Twitter @recycledelec @orbitingfrog and @chrislintott.
Audio content Copyright 2011-2014 Chris Lintott and Robert Simpson. Many thanks to Oxford Press Office for recording space. Podcast Image of lightbulb courtesy of Flickr user bazik (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazik/395792175/).